Fundraising Coordinator Job PostingJun 8th, 2014 | By SteveKs | Category: Press Releases
Position overview: Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the Fundraising Coordinator provides leadership and management for the direction, planning and execution of all aspects of the Canadian Polyamory Advocacy Association’s (CPAA’s) fundraising activities including implementation and administration of membership fees, donor drives, and annual fundraising events.
- Planning and administering the annual fundraising budget.
- Planning, developing, and executing a membership fee system and management of a related database.
- Developing and managing efforts to identify, solicit, communicate, and renew annual donors.
- Identifying funding sources and preparing proposals to government, corporations, foundations and private granting agencies.
- Planning, management, and execution of annual fundraising events and programs including the development and solicitation of corporate sponsorships, coordination of logistics, and management of volunteers and other fundraisers.
- Participate as an ex-officio and non-voting member of the Board of Directors and applicable committees.
- Enthusiastic, creative, passionate, and positive thinker.
- Post-secondary education or related experience preferably in special event planning, fundraising or event sales marketing.
- Work experience in a fundraising or event coordination role and/or a combination of education experience and training. Minimum 2 to 3 years, with references, is strongly desired.
- Demonstrated success and evidence of ability to plan and execute an annual fundraising campaign.
- Demonstrated success and evidence of ability to organize and execute a fundraising event.
- Ability to create and manage fundraising budgets.
- Demonstrated knowledge of membership-drive campaigns.
- Ability to assess, evaluate, and recommend fund development and event opportunities at an organizational level.
- Attention to detail, strong work ethic, and ability to work outside customary business hours.
- Technologically able to telecommunicate across Canada.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and financial skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, online documents, donation tracking software, and the capability to handle one’s own administrative duties.
- Experience in training and coordinating diverse groups and planning events.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to write and speak persuasively about the Canadian Polyamory Advocacy Association, and a personal philosophy that is polyamory-friendly.
Remuneration: First year is 100% commission with an expectation of part-time hours. Commission and hours are performance-based and negotiable after that.
Please forward resume along with commission expectations to:
The Canadian Polyamory Advocacy Association
Deadline is July 31, 2014