We are in dire need of funds due to the expenses of PolyCon and some upcoming awareness projects. Please be generous with your support. http://polyadvocacy.ca/collectibles-from-polycon or click the donate button to the right.
Vancouver, BC – April 24, 2013 – The Canadian polyamory community continues to celebrate the end to the BC Supreme Court litigation and the legalization of polyamory, by hosting PolyCon – a national confference in Vancouver from Friday May 31 to Sunday June 2, 2013. “We’re poly, we’re proud and we’re going to continue our efforts to tell Canadians and the world that polyamory is here, is growing and is
- Funding Crisis – Get your Collectible PolyCon Swag and/or donate NOW!!!
- Canadian Poly Community Inspired by Successful First Conference
- Canadian Polyamory Community Celebrates with National Convention
- PolyCon – Vancouver – May 31 to June 2nd
- Announcing: POLYCON
- What does being poly mean to you?
- Casting Call
We were pleased to host attendees and presenters from around the world and happy to see some very positive articles in the press. We are grateful to presenters, volunteers and attendees for making this a resounding succcess. Awareness, Networking, Research on polyamory practice and a focus on our under 30 yrs old community members were all achieved and the feedback has been very encouraging. We look forward to a larger
We are looking for engaging presenters and facilitators from a broad range of backgrounds in keeping with the ‘Claiming our Right to Love’ theme. Polyamory was confirmed legal in Canada in 2011 with the BC Supreme Court reference question decision on Section 293 of the Criminal Code of Canada. We want to claim that right by promoting awareness of Polyamory and celebrating the wonderful Polyamorous families and organizations in
The Canadian Polyamory Advocacy Association is pleased to present PolyCon - Claiming Our Right to Love May 31 to June 2, 2013 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Friday night reception. Saturday all day workshop sessions and evening events hosted by local poly groups. Sunday AGM for CPAA membership and poly community leadership networking event. Registration and more details to follow. Watch the website for details as they unfold. www.polyadvocacy.ca Workshop
“The first EVER international DIY festival celebrating *your* polyamory *your* way…It is barbecues, keggers, potlucks, raves, picnics, blues dances, play parties, tantric retreats, game nights, field days, movement fundraisers, cuddle parties, and fancy dinners. It is raising awareness about our culture, our relationship preference, and the idea that freedom of relationship choice is important to society at large. It is a community bonding experience, our way– because everyone will do
The incredible irony is that this law, regardless of its actual interpretation in court, brands us as criminals without any evidence of any actual harm being done and in the process can actually bring harm to us and our children. Section 293 potentially victimizes a group of people in this country who do no harm, who are doing the best they can, and, by any measure, are not substantially different from anyone else in this country.
- Polyamory Panel discussion in Vancouver, BC April 11, 2011 posted in The lounge by Jerrod on July 24, 2011
- Polyamory Panel discussion in Victoria, BC on YouTube posted in The lounge by Kiki on January 25, 2011
- Marriage? posted in Legal issues by jbash on December 9, 2010
- Defining polyamory posted in What is polyamory? by Lepus on November 22, 2010
- Possible draft position statement posted in Child brides in Canada by Avistew on October 17, 2010